Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Thoughts-

Now that Holy week is over, I miss being around the church. During Holy Week I was constantly going to Mass, and Benediction. Where now that it's over, I miss it. Not just the Mass, but just being in the presence of my God. I think that's where I'm really drawn to a catholic college, or one with primarily catholic attendance.

I love the idea of just going to the church to sit before God whenever I need to. Not to mention the acceptance that I will feel being around all fellow catholics who believe the same things I do, and are going through the same growth as I am. Rather than at the high school where praying at lunch is not accepted, and people shoot me funny looks when I talk about Mass, or they see my Saint Augustine medallion. I see myself, and my other catholic friends getting ridiculed by all sorts of people for their faith, some even catholic.

Now, this doesn't turn me down, I see it as an influence to pray more and to not hide my faith, but to educate and share it with others. My big issue I'm trying to fight right now is to not let them make me upset, and to remain loyal to my dignity and to be patient and sympathetic towards them for they do not yet know the real Truth.

Right now I am really looking at Mount Saint Marys college. I know I still have a few years, but I am 99% certain that I will be attending a catholic college, or catholic dominated college. (If you would like to check out St. Marys college, the link is on the side bar) I also like the idea of going to a priest if you need one, just to think, and talk with. Especially, if the priesthood is a definite option for me right now (as it has been for the past 3-4 years).

I feel so comfortable at church. I could just sit in a pew and think for hours. I don't know how I could survive if I were attending a college where I couldn't do this. I try to go to everything that is offered from the liturgies of the church, and yet, I still want more. Like I said in my other post, I've started the Liturgies of the Hours and that has helped feed my hunger somewhat. I feel that I am constantly fighting (from the media, school, and other people) to put God and Mass just for the hour on the weekends, where it should be the entire focus of everything I do.

8 comments:

Thomas said...

I can understand you point, but after 12 years of Catholic school, I can say that I never had the opportunities to live the Faith as I do now at a public university.

Athanasius1998 said...

Greetings,
Scott here, will be ordained Deacon on May 24th 2008, would enjoy speaking about discernment wit you. Saw your post on NLM site.

About The Blog said...

Hey,

Now, i am only 14 so I have time to decided, but I have been seriously thinking about it for years, and have been talking to my own parish priest and Have read countless books, postings, and essays on this. I am getting closer and closer to really thinking this is my vocation, but I am still in these teenage years (pray for me) and am getting feelings left and right, yet this feeling of vocation seems very strong.

A big idea I have discovered is that if the priesthood is something for me, it doesn't neccisarilly come to me in some big epic moment. I see myself being pushed through small ways. That has been HUGE for me, because I thought to become a priest you would get some giant dream where God came and spoke to you (not to say that doesnt happen), but He influences young men in ways that we don't see.

I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. Hearing from seminarian may help guide me on the right path.

Thanks-
Nate

p.s. Where are you being ordained?

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

The challenge of living the Faith at a public university is difficult, but it can be done. I know that for myself, when I'ma way from the Mass, everthing falls. I'm glad to see this from you. Please pray for me. I'll be entering seminary for the Carmelites in the fall.

Athanasius1998 said...

A big idea I have discovered is that if the priesthood is something for me, it doesn't neccisarilly come to me in some big epic moment. I see myself being pushed through small ways. That has been HUGE for me, because I thought to become a priest you would get some giant dream where God came and spoke to you (not to say that doesnt happen), but He influences young men in ways that we don't see.
YES, NOW YOU CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE LIVING THE SACRED SCRIPTURE, GOD IS HEARD IN THE SILENCE NOT THE ROAR. ALLOW THIS GRACE TO BE A COMFORT AS A WARM BLANKET IS ON A COLD NIGHT.
I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. MY IDEAS ARE THE CHURCHES IDEAS, DO YOUR JOB! YOUR JOB IS TO STAY IN SANCTIFYING GRACE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, GO TO CONFESSION AND RECEIVE OUR LORD AND PRAY. BEING OBEDIENT IN THESE WAYS OPENS YOU TO HEAR GOD'S CALL IN A GREATER WAY. Hearing from seminarian may help guide me on the right path.

Thanks-
Nate

p.s. Where are you being ordained? DIOCESE OF ROCKFORD IN ILLINOIS.
WWW.ROCKVOC.ORG

by the way...A question to you...Do you think a guy can date through high school and still have a vocation to the Priesthood of Holy Mother Church?

Scott

Catholic Teen- said...

Well, I don't really know. I'm 14 and going through all these changes still, so I am still sorting through this whole thing.

On one hand, having a relationship is a good thing, becasue it builds and develops a persons strength to maintain and commit to a relationship (for there are MANY relationships that a priest will under go through his pastoral carrer). Priesthood has the same sorts of relationships as marrige and dating, just minus the romantic stuff. On the other hand, some may need it more than others, and we should have that be up to God. We shouldnt run away from relationships, and not seek them to "try something knew".

Maybe? Idk, I'm still sorting this one out. Maybe you can get the jist of what i'm trying to say and understand.

Athanasius1998 said...

Remember that I listed your job as being Confession, Communion, Prayer, but as a teen you have one more job that begins in the teen years and lasts all your life. It is...to learn how to control your passions and this is done with incorporating the first three jobs. So, the dating issue, the desire to be a Husband and a Father is the first sign of having a Vocation to the Priesthood as these are the gift given to each man from God and these gifts are then what the man studying to be a Priest and the Priest offer back to God each and every day as sacrifice, God then takes that sacrifice and empowers that man's Priesthood. That Priest then offers Sacrifice for his people to make them holy and those people go out into the world to convert it and make it holy. The Priest is not a Social Worker, he must not do the job of the Laity and the Laity must not try to do the job of the Priest.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,