Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Universal Prayer

I feel like I don't have time in the day to devote myself to prayer as much as I wish (I know I don't have time). I don't feel bad about this though. Because through my life and how I live each day, I am devoting myself to God, and The Church. But the fact is, God calls us to offer up our prayers when we can, when we're able to pray for the intentions of the Church. So that whenever we are able to, we offer our prayers for others. That's what Liturgy is--the work of The Church. One of our jobs is to pray for the people who can't. To pray for those people who are busy, or stressed, or tired. Or those who just aren't in the mindset to pray. The church is the body of Christ, and when one part of the body doesn't work, other parts of the body always keeping working and moving. This creates a cycle of constant prayer to happen. So no one should feel bad about not praying. Pray as often as you can, but don't become upset at yourself that you missed the rosary one day; for example. There are others praying for you.