Friday, February 20, 2009

Emptiness

I am empty, and won't be filled until I rest in God.


Our whole lives we spend searching for something to fill us. As human beings, I find more and more myself feeling low, and unfulfilled. I am at a constant longing for something, for God. God is the only "thing" that will ever fill us. But we cannot completely be filled with God until our death. Even the holiest of saints have struggled with this. They become overwhelmed, and are in torment at the constant longing for God-- Yet, they can't completely obtain Him due to their human limitations. This is very frustrating to me. I long for God, and am compelled to be with him whenever I can-- but I can't. I want to rush through it and devote myself as much as possible to Him. But I know that even if I were to get there, there would still be longing. There will be no rest in our souls until we reach our death. What a test God gives us! What a cross He gives us to bear.




4 comments:

The Zapman said...

Are you familiar with the writings of the Carmelite saints?

Catholic Teen said...

Such as St. John of the cross? or Saint Avila? Somewhat. I haven't read them but know of them. Should I look into it?

The Zapman said...

Yeah! What you were saying is similar enough to something that Saint Theresa of Avila would say. Saint John of the Cross is also quite good, and so is Saint Thérèse. The charism of the Carmelite order is the pursuit of union with God. Here is the website of the order if you're interested.

http://www.carmelitaniscalzi.com/index.php

This is a good edition of Saint Theresa's Way of Perfection: http://www.amazon.com/Way-Perfection-Avila-Saint-Teresa/dp/0935216707

The Interior Castle is also a good place to start.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,