Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Never Ending Battle

I've been praying the Saint Michael prayer a lot lately. This spiritual war we fight with the devil is one that is far out of my hands. There is no way I can beat him by myself. Only through God will I succeed. I am so weak, so tiny compared to the forces I/we are up against. More and more I've discovered the help of guardian angels, and archangels--I've begun to pray to them as well as God in help through these battles. They see what I don't. When I can only see the individual works of the devil, or what is right before my eyes-- they see the whole picture and the devil's long term plan. They are my spiritual eyes and ears. It's a constant battle, a battle that I offer up. I try not to dwell on it, but then again, I am a moody teenager (perfect combination!). I try to look upon the devil as not a giant foe, but rather as pathetic. Which he is! He tries whatever he can to try and trip us up. It is actually really sad to watch. "O God, thrust into Hell satan, and all the evil spirits the prowl about the earth seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."






Sancte Michael Archangele,defende nos in proelio;contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:tuque, Princeps militiae Caelestis,satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen.


Saint Michael the Archangel,defend us in battle;be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,by the power of God,thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.