Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Server Training

My friend and I are offering an altar server class coming up on March 29. I am very happy that we are getting this started. There are a lot of young boys who wish to serve the Mass, but don't want to just "jump in" because they don't want to mess it up, or get in the way, or distract the priest. So we're going to get them going, and really explain to them what they are doing while they are assisting the priest. This is just for the Novus Ordo Mass though, that is, until Father begins to celebrate the Tridentine Rite. =D (In which case I will need classes! I just have a server handbook for that, I've read it several times--but I need to go through the Mass to "get it.")


As Fr. Z would say:

"Brick by Brick"

6 comments:

Adamgv said...

http://ccrg.info/cas.htm

Please help us by acquiring this Catholic Traditionalist CD and by making a donation
to one of the few left of the remnant Church Militant; designed to expose the
masonic evils of our world and implement philosophies, technologies, and economies
designed to preserve and protect present and future generations.

All challenges or assistance welcomed and encouraged.


Introducing the new Traditionalist Catholic
National Anthem
: Guns & Jesus.

http://ccrg.info/cas.htm

+JMJ+ said...

Hi!

I was happy to find your blog today! What hope it brings!

My sons have just started to serve at the TLM.

You have written a lot of wonderful posts and I look forward to visiting your blog again.

Joe S.R. said...

My parish had server training last month. We went over new ceremonies, and the older servers (Like me) Learned how to be Master of Ceremonies at solemn mass on Sundays, should the need arise.

Catholic Teen said...

That's sort of what I've become at my own parish. We have atleast 6 altar servers for the high Mass, so I end up sitting back and watching/telling people what and when to do stuff. The smoother the Mass, and less distractions...the better!

Dixi said...

My little brothers started serving the TLM. However, they weren't being properly trained. Their "trainer" was very irreverent and distracting during the mass (looking around esp.), a very bad example. So, a priest of the Institute of Christ the King is going to train them -starting next week. : )

Hope your priest celebrates the Tridentine mass soon!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,