Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

… The Lord has Indeed Risen, Alleluia! Glory and kingship be his forever and ever!

Easter is the feast of feasts, the ultimate joy and gladness of all Christians.

Easter means, the Redemption obtained — sin destroyed, death overcome, divine life brought back to us, the resurrection of our body which is promised immortality. With such a certitude, we should banish all traces of sadness.

"Haec dies quam fecit Dominus" (This is the day which the Lord has made.) Throughout the octave we shall sing of the joy which throws open eternity to us. Every Sunday will be a reminder to us of it, and from Sunday to Sunday, from year to year, the Easters of this earth will lead us to that blessed day, which Christ has promised that He will come again with glory to take us with Him into the kingdom of His Father.

“Therefore, let us celebrate the feast, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” (1 Cor 5:6b-8)


The Easter Masses went beautifully. The church was decorated in a very holy and beautiful manner. All went smoothly, and we welcomed into the Church 3 new adult Catholics and 3 young babies. =D Don't let anyone tell you that the Church is dying! At the vigil we had 6 altar servers, 3 sets of two brothers! It was a beautiful Mass.

This Easter I have a lot to be thankful for. God has bestowed MANY graces upon me and my family. Ones that are both easy and hard to accept.

Along this past year I have really grown in my faith. It seems as each year goes by I fall more in love with God and His Church. I've also become closer to my family and God. They are the only things that matter to me. Whereas before I relied on others, and the material happiness of this world. Now, understand this is all a work in progress, one I will be working on my whole life. It's just that this past year I have really felt longing for God, and He has indeed answered my prayers.

Praised be Jesus Christ, Now and Forever! Amen.

I wish you all a most joyous and blessed Easter!

God Bless-