Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Doctor's Homily

Here's Father Doctor's homily from last week. It's excellent! It needed to be said. I feel this is just a taste of what's to come. Pray for Fr. Doctor, and for all priests.

"Every time we come to Mass we are facing a challenge and must make a decision - will we serve the gods of this world and culture or the Lord who saved us and redeemed us?

Each Mass calls us to make a choice, or to renew a choice, to follow the Lord and not the sins and enticements of this world.

Each Mass is a chance to rise above this world and culture that has no real destination or plan for us and traps and destroys so many lives on a daily basis.

Each Mass calls us to make a choice - to answer the question

Do you also want to leave? Do we want to leave our Lord?
because the priest isn’t holy or attractive, or the music is bad
or we hate Spanish or Latin. or the church isn’t pretty enough

Do we want to leave Our Lord, giving up the Eucharist because for whatever reason we aren’t happy or entertained.

Decide today - Who are you going to serve. The culture and a world of sin and death or Christ the Lord

Do you really want to leave? Then go!! No one is holding you here
No one is forcing you to stay.

Decide - are you going to be a Catholic or a half baked, wishy-washy one with no chance of salvation?

Decide - are we convinced like St. Peter that the Catholic Church is the true Church of Jesus Christ? That Christ is really present in the Eucharist - Body, blood, soul and divinity?

Decide - Is Mass all about you…or is it about God - ?
Is the Church – St. Charles in Coldwater, MI or is the church far bigger, far holier marked as One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic?

The One Church with over a billions members.

The Holy church that offers sacrifice not according the whims of the people or the culture, or the time period but under the direction of God’s representatives.

The Catholic Church that stand against sin and evil and chooses and rightfully so – to worship God as he requires!

The Apostolic Church that follows the directives of our Holy Father
when it come to faith and morals, and liturgy

Decide - Don’t sit on the fence not committing to either side

Decide for yourself. Who is your God? Who do you serve?
and then make your choice

As for me – like Joshua - I choose God. I choose to serve the Lord
to stand with St. Peter and all the Popes who came after him. I have decided to stay because I know that only in Christ are the words of everlasting life. Only in Christ have I become convinced and believe
that there is a God - who is real, true, loving, and merciful

I am convinced that there is no salvation for me anywhere else but in Christ. I believe that the Spirit of God is the one who gives me life; who will reward me with happiness; who is my peace in this life
who is my joy and my all in the next.

I choose to serve the Lord because He is my God. I choose to stay because there is nowhere else to go.

I have found my treasure…have you found yours?

Decide…"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I really appreciate reading Father's homilies as dealing with little children during the Mass can leave gaps in what I heard. :)

Hmmm? Regular feature possibility?

Mrs. K

Mary said...

I thank you for posting it also. Rick had told me what it was about, I am glad I got to "hear" the whole thing.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Great homily!
:)

So I was at the SJC picnic a couple of weeks ago and a gal I know sat down beside me and said, "Can I ask you a personal question?"

I said sure, after all, she's a lovely person and I'd count her as a friend.

She asked if there was "something about a baby for me and my husband."
I said no. We can't really afford another adoption fee right this second, and we've been married for seven years and never conceived, so that's a far shot. She pressed the issue and said that she had been praying for my husband and I and got the message (I hate saying that cause it sounds kind of Prot, but I knew what she meant. She is a lovely, lovely person) that she was supposed to tell me to start a novena, that "it had already happened. I mean, I see you with another baby."
I told her I'd start another novena to St. Gerard (who helped us adopt Mary) and she said okay. "But please let me know so I can pray with you. It's really, really important. It's like, it's already in motion."
I figured maybe we'd hear about another crisis pregnancy soon...

Until 6 days later when, fatigued and feeling odd, I took a pregnancy test.

WHICH WAS POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the BEST?! My daughter is going to have a sibling!!!
:):):)

-Cathy

P.S. There's more to the story, like recently at SJC I venerated St. Anne's relics and I have felt her presence so strongly during this time - and the midwife made my first appt. for 9/14, Triumph of the Cross, Motu Proprio anniversary, and the feast day of St. Maternus. HA!
;)

So please keep Baby in your prayers!

Anonymous said...

P.P.S.
Of course I started a Novena to St. Anne immediately!

Catholic Teen said...

God is SO good!!

I will be keeping you and the baby in my prayers!

-How wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

Congratulations!

Lots of prayers.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Catholic Teen,

Thank you so much for the prayers. Benedicamus Domino.

Mary,

That's my daughter's name - she's a Mary Elizabeth!

Thank you so much for the prayers and congratulations. I am nervous this early on, but I have put my entire pregnancy under the protection of Good St. Anne, her beloved daughter, and her Divine Grandson. That (and the fact that I have perpetual adoration less than 10 minutes away) seem to help immensely with the nerves.
:)

-Cathy

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I am sorry to hear about your nerves, although I can understand them. I hope the 14th will give you some peace of mind, and maybe if baby cooperates you'll hear the heart beat, that has to be in the top 10 most reassuring sounds for a mom. The nurse worked so hard for me to hear the heart beat during my 1st appointment I think she knew if I didn't hear it that I would be back everyday until I did, I was a little crazy :)!

Pax,
Mary

BTW if you would ever like to chat my e-mail is liasophia_mary@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I hope I do get to hear the heartbeat!
I'm glad you had a caring and understanding nurse. I hope I get one too.
:)

Thanks so much for your e-mail. I might just have to take you up on that!

-Cathy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, [url=http://women-giving-birth-videos.com]women-giving-birth-videos.com[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, women-giving-birth-videos.com