Monday, August 3, 2009

Feast of St. John Vianney

Tomorrow is the Feast of St. John Vianney. St. John Mary Vianney was ordained a priest in 1815. Three years later he was made parish priest of Ars, where his reputation as a confessor and director of souls made him known throughout the Christian world. His life was one of extreme mortification.

"Accustomed to the most severe austerities, beleaguered by swarms of penitents, and besieged by the devil, this great mystic manifested a imperturbable patience. He was loved by the crowds, but he retained a childlike simplicity, and he remains to this day the living image of the priest after the heart of Christ." (Catholic Online)

He heard confessions of people from all over the world for sixteen hours each day. His life was filled with works of charity and love. He died August 4, 1859, and was canonized May 31, 1925.

St. John Vianney is the patron saint of priests, and this year is specially dedicated to him and his works as it is the "Year of the Priests."

Prayer of St. John Vianney-

I love You, O my God, and my only desire is to love You until the last breath of my life.

I love You, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving You, than live without loving You.

I love You, Lord and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally...

My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You,

I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath.

3 comments:

Dad said...

St. John Vianney, pray for the continued blessings of good and holy priests, and to the encouragement of others to discern the holy priesthood in order to serve Christ in His Church. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,

I hear our Holy Father has decreed a Plenary Indulgance for tomorrow in honor of St. John Vianney's Feast Day.

The conditions are:

*go to Confession
*to attend Mass (and offer prayers to Jesus the Eternal Priest for all priests)
*receive Holy Communion
*and pray for the Pope's Intentions

Mrs. K

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,