Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rising Above It All

In this post I may sound like I'm talking directly to YOU (the reader)-- but really, all that I write is being said right back to myself.

This Sunday I will be serving my first TLM High Mass. I know it's not much different than a low Mass (which I've served several times) but I'm still looking forward to it. I haven't served in a really long time. In the past I used to not want to, but as things change and our outlooks turn from gloom and self despair to courage and faith, I am really starting to miss it.

I feel so connected at Mass. At every Mass I go to I don't want it to end. I feel a calling to be at Mass, and yet, a feeling of unworthiness to be within God's presence so intimately as the TLM presents itself. Mass is what keeps me going; in my spiritual life, emotional life, and even in how much I write on here. I've been up and down with my motivation to write and talk about Catholicism for a long time now. But I'm getting back into it.




Easier said than done. ;-)

4 comments:

CH (CPT) Brian Stanley, USA said...

I am so glad that you are getting back into this blog and see it as a particular duty. My current assignment takes that word, "duty," very seriously -- one of the seven Army Values.

I can't know all of what you have been through these past several months, but I do want to assure you of my continued prayers, and tell you of my great admiration for you, particularly your devotion to Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist. And I'm not just a little jealous of your participation in a High Mass.

Hang in there -- fight the good fight, as St. Paul writes.

Susan said...

Nate,
I look forward to seeing you serve in your first TLM High Mass. How wonderful is that... I'll be praying for you...I've missed seeing you serve. Your devotion as a server has always been such a gift to watch.
On Dec.2 Our Lady of Medjugorje's message was: "Dear Children at this time of preparation and joyful expectation I, as a Mother, desire to point you to what is the most important, to your soul. Can my Son be born in it? Is it cleansed by love from lies, arrogance, hatred and malice? Above all else does your soul love God as your Father and does it love your fellow brother in Christ? I am pointing you to the way which will raise your soul to a complete union with my Son. I desire for my Son to be born in you. What a joy that would be for me as Mother. Thank you."
See you Sunday....
Bless you, Susan

Anonymous said...

haha~ funny!.thank .you for .your ..share.....

Catholic Teen said...

Actually... I thought I was being rather serious-- glad you enjoyed it.

Hmmmm....